Data on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for April 2022 to March 2023.
This release provides information for the period 2 January 2014, when the scheme was introduced, to 31 March 2023.
- Between 2 January 2014 and 31 March 2023, 13,641 properties were purchased under the Help to Buy-Wales scheme. 76% of total purchases were completed by first time buyers. Over this period, the total value of equity loans was £537.6 million and the total value of properties purchased was £2,721.0 million.
- Completed purchases using the Help to Buy-Wales scheme in 2022-23 totalled 472.
- To date, the mean purchase price paid for all completed purchases was £199,473 whilst the median was lower at £194,995.
- During 2022-23, the mean purchase price paid was £218,270 and the median was £231,995.
- Since the start of the scheme to 31 March 2023, almost three quarters (73%) of all completed purchases have been by those with an average household income of between £20,001 and £50,000.
- Over half (54%) of all purchases to date were of three bedroom properties and 47% were for households with 2 adults and no children.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy - Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme): April 2022 to March 2023 , file type: PDF, file size: 800 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.