Data which includes information on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for April to June 2019.
This is not the latest release in the series: Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme)
- Between 1 April and 30 June 2019, 477 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan. This brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy - Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 9,208.
- Over the quarter, the total value of these equity loans was £19.8 million. The value of the properties purchased totalled £99.8 million.
- At 30 June 2019 there were 733 applications for loans still outstanding.
- The mean purchase price of a property bought using the scheme during the quarter was £209,271, with a mean equity loan value of £41,437.
- Between 1 April and 30 June 2019 there were 42 completed purchases of leasehold properties. All of the leasehold properties were flats.
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme to date have been to first time buyers, accounting for 76% of all completed purchases.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5055
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.