Data on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for April to June 2021.
This is not the latest release in the series: Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme)
- Between 1 April and 30 June 2021, 511 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan; this brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 12,480.
- During the quarter, the value of properties purchased totalled £118.2 million whilst the value of equity loans totalled £23.3 million.
- At 30 June 2021 there were 667 applications for loans still outstanding.
- The mean property purchase price using the scheme during this quarter was £231,233 with a mean equity loan value of £45,524.
- Between 1 April and 30 June 2021 there were 29 completed purchases of leasehold properties, all of which were flats.
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme have been for first time buyers, accounting for 75% of all completed purchases to date.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy - Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 061 5675
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.