Data which includes information on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for January to March 2019.
This is not the latest release in the series: Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme)
- Between 2 January 2014 and 31 March 2019, 8,731 properties were purchased under the Help to Buy-Wales scheme. Of these 76% were purchased by first time buyers.
- Over this period, the total value of equity loans was £326.7 million and the total value of properties purchased was £1,649.5 million.
- Completed purchases using the Help to Buy-Wales scheme increased year on year to a peak of 1,939 in 2017-18 before dropping by 5% to 1,849 in 2018-19.
- To date, the mean (average) purchase price paid for all completed purchases was £188,925 whilst the median was slightly lower at £182,995. During 2018-19, the mean purchase price paid was £200,878 and the median was £196,995.
- Over the period since the start of the scheme to 31 March 2019, almost three quarters (74%) of all completed purchases have been by those with an average household income of between £20,000 and £50,000
- Over half (52%) of all purchases to date were of three bedroom properties and 47% were for households with 2 adults and no children.
Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme), January to March 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5055
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.