Data which includes information on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for October to December 2019.
This is not the latest release in the series: Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme)
- Between October to December 2019, 623 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan.
- This brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy-Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 10,215.
- Over the quarter, total value of these equity loans was £25.2 million. The value of properties purchased totalled £127.6 million.
- At 31 December 2019 there were 442 applications for loans still outstanding.
- The mean property purchase price using the scheme during this quarter was £204,875, with a mean equity loan value of £40,439.
- Between 1 October and 31 December 2019 there were 54 completed purchases of leasehold properties. All leasehold properties were flats.
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme to date have been to first time buyers, accounting for 76% of all completed purchases.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 061 5675
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.