Data which includes information on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for October to December 2020.
This is not the latest release in the series: Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme)
- Between 1 October and 31 December 2020, 600 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan.
- This brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 11,587.
- During the quarter, the value of properties purchased totalled £131.7 million whilst the value of equity loans totalled £25.9 million.
- At 31 December 2020 there were 916 applications for loans still outstanding.
- The mean property purchase price using the scheme during this quarter was £219,578 with a mean equity loan value of £43,125.
- Between 1 October and 31 December 2020 there were 41 completed purchases of leasehold properties, all of which were flats.
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme have been for first time buyers, accounting for 75% of all completed purchases to date.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy - Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 061 5675
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.