Data on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for October to December 2022.
From 1 April 2021 the maximum property price available through this scheme has been reduced to £250,000 from £300,000.
Since its inception on 2 January 2014 to 31 December 2022, there have been 13,560 completions under Help to Buy Wales. First time buyers accounted for over three quarters of these completions and over half of the completions were 3 bedroom properties.
- 147 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan.
- Between 1 October and 31 December 2022 there were 21 completed purchases of leasehold properties, all of which were flats.
- At 31 December 2022 there were 162 applications for loans still outstanding.
- During the quarter, the value of properties purchased totalled £31.5 million whilst the value of equity loans totalled £6.2 million.
- The mean property purchase price using the scheme during this quarter was £214,438 with a mean equity loan value of £42,113.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy - Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Datasets and interactive tools
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.