This report looks at NHS hospital appointments, using results from April 2016 to March 2017 and also comparing across years.
This is not the latest release in the series: GPs, hospitals and out of hours services (National Survey for Wales)
- the type of appointment the respondent attended
- whether they were treated with dignity and respect
- whether the health professional knew all the relevant information
- satisfaction with the service received.
- 47% of people attended an NHS hospital appointment (as an outpatient, day patient or inpatient) in the past year (50% of women, 45% of men).
- 91% of people were satisfied (73% very satisfied, 18% fairly satisfied) with the care received at their last hospital appointment (as an outpatient, day patient or inpatient).
Hospital services (National Survey for Wales), April 2016 to March 2017 , file type: PDF, file size: 787 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Telephone: 0300 025 6685
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.