10:00 Item 1: Introduction
10:10 Item 2: Second Homes – Policy context and importance of evidence (Huw Maguire and David Blair, Welsh Government)
10:20 Item 3: Second Homes – what does the evidence tell us?
- Introduction (Luned Jones, Welsh Government)
- Census 2021 (Craig McLeod, Welsh Government)
- Council tax data (Anthony Newby and Holly Flynn, Welsh Government)
- Land Transaction Tax (Ashley Caddick and Dave Jones, Welsh Revenue Authority)
- Non-domestic rates (Gareth Brand, Welsh Government)
- Transparent Intelligence – Web-scraped Short term lets data (Phil Nelson, Welsh Government)
11:20: Comfort break
11:30 Item 4: Evaluation plans for Dwyfor second homes and affordability project (Ieuan Davies, Welsh Government)
11:50 Item 5: Second homes and holiday homes evidence: a local authority perspective (Heledd Fflur Jones, Cyngor Gwynedd)
12:10 Item 6: CaCHE update (Bob Smith, Cardiff University)
12:20 Any other business
The next meeting will be held on 28 September 2023.