Welsh Government procurement teams.
Procurement Reform and Commercial Policy
- links with the UK government to ensure that there is no misalignment between the UK Procurement Reform Bill which focuses on procurement processes and the Social Partnership and Public Procurement (Wales) Bill which focuses on social outcomes of procurement
- provides procurement policy advice, set standards and checks outcomes against delivery
- works to add social value, improve value for money, and drive best practice internally and across the Welsh public sector.
Corporate Procurement Services (CPS)
- provides best practice advice on procurement and commercial governance for departments within the Welsh Government.
- contract manages large non-ICT contracts
- works closely with departments across the Welsh Government, providing advice and guidance for all procurement activity and hands on support on tender activity over £25,000.
Commercial Procurement ICT (CPICT)
Is split into 2 teams:
- provides procurement advice, support/governance for internal Digital and ICT procurements
- delivers Digital/ICT framework agreements and ongoing contract management on behalf of the Welsh public sector
- delivers the eProcurement Digital Action Plan and contract manage the eProcurement tools used across Wales
- leads the discovery exercise to establish a centre of procurement excellence for Wales
Business Intelligence (BI)
- completes a range of management information, analysis and business information activities to support both internal and external customers
- links into strategic requirements from the ‘Digital Strategy for Wales’, Digital Action Plan & ‘Wales Procurement Policy Statement’, to provide single version of the truth BI reporting.
Commercial Procurement Delivery and Capability
Split into 2 teams:
Welsh Government Commercial Delivery (WGCD)
- works with the wider public sector including local authorities and the Welsh NHS to develop and deliver collaborative national framework agreements
- puts policy into practice and aims to deliver the best deal for the Welsh public sector embracing social value and value for money
- supports a programme of wider procurement capability development, leading on the development of courses and skills building to support the Welsh public sector.