This consultation ended 30 July 2015.
Summary of outcome
The summary of responses is now available.
Details of outcome
Summary of responses , file type: PDF, file size: 405 KB
We are providing the opportunity for stakeholders across Wales to provide their input on the first set of consultations in order for us to deliver requirements of the act.
The draft regulations and code of practice have been developed through a consultative process with our main stakeholders.
The Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 received Royal Assent on 1 May 2014. The act forms the basis for a new statutory framework for social care in Wales.
The codes of practice are issued under section 145.
Part 10 (Complaints Representations and Advocacy) covers:
- a clear recognition of the benefits of advocacy
- the range of advocacy available to people
- the key points when people’s need for advocacy must be assessed
- the circumstances / environment that impact on people’s need for advocacy
- when independent advocacy must be provided
- the circumstances when it is inappropriate for certain people to advocate
- the arrangements for publicising advocacy services