This consultation ended 2 February 2015.
Details of outcome
Summary of responses , file type: PDF, file size: 75 KB
We are providing the opportunity for stakeholders across Wales to provide their input on the first set of consultations in order for us to deliver requirements of the act.
The draft regulations and statutory guidance have been developed through a consultative process with our main stakeholders.
The Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 received Royal Assent on 1 May 2014. The act forms the basis for a new statutory framework for social care in Wales.
The regulations will be made under the appropriate sections of the act. The codes of practice are issued under section 145 and the Statutory Guidance under sections 131 and 139.
Part 7 (Safeguarding) of the act covers:
- the strengthening of arrangements for children at risk
- new legislation to protect adults at risk including a duty to report and enquire
- a new Adult Protection and Support Order
- new Safeguarding Adults Boards
- a National Independent Safeguarding Board.
Further information can be found in the executive summary.