In this page
- Laura McAllister
- Rowan Williams
- Miguela Gonzalez
- Lauren McEvatt
- Kirsty Williams
- Leanne Wood
- Gareth Williams
- Sir David Lidington
- Gareth Morgan, Deputy Director and Head of Secretariat
- Carys Evans, Adviser
- Heulwen Vaughan, Commission Secretary
- Ruth Leggett, Head of Communications and Engagement
- Michael Marmot
- Philip Rycroft
- Shavanah Taj
Item 1: Sir David Lidington
1. The co-chairs welcomed the commissioners and thanked Sir David Lidington for agreeing to meet the commission during his visit to Cardiff.
2. Sir David made the case for strong inter-governmental relations, which he had made a priority when leading on relations with the devolved governments.
3. Sir David commented that respecting conventions and proper governance was essential, and he regretted the lack of contact between the then Prime Minister Liz Truss and the devolved First Ministers.
4. He stressed the importance of leadership in ensuring that the civil service understood devolution and took it seriously. He understood the arguments for devolving justice but pointed to the operational case for managing the prison service as an England and Wales system.