Independent Commission on the Constitutional Future of Wales meeting: 27 April 2022
Minutes of the commission's meeting on 27 April 2022.
In this page
- Laura McAllister
- Rowan Williams
- Anwen Elias
- Miguela Gonzalez
- Lauren McEvatt
- Albert Owen
- Philip Rycroft
- Shavanah Taj
- Kirsty Williams
- Leanne Wood
- Gareth Williams
- Ben Cottam - Head of Wales FSB,
- Richard Selby - National Chair, IoD Wales
- Ian Price and Leighton Jenkins, CBI Wales
- Paul Slevin - President Chambers Wales
- Angus Robertson, Cabinet Secretary for the Constitution, External Affairs and Culture, Scottish Government
- Rt Hon Elfyn Llwyd, Chair, Plaid Cymru Commission on Independence
- Fflur Jones, Commissioner, Plaid Cymru Commission on Independence
- John Osmond. Secretary, Plaid Cymru Commission on Independence
- George Hudson, Director, Yes Cymru
- Christine Moore, Director, Yes Cymru
- Andrew Murphy, Director, Yes Cymru
- Gareth Morgan, Deputy Director and Head of Secretariat
- Carys Evans, Advisor
- Heulwen Mai Vaughan, Secretary
- Victoria Martin, Policy Lead
- Tessa Hajilambi, Office Manager
- Michael Marmot
Item 1: Welcome from the co-chairs
1. The Co-Chairs welcomed the commissioners to the meeting.
Item 2: Business Roundtable
3. The Co-Chairs welcomed Ben Cottam, Richard Selby, Leighton Jenkins, Ian Price and Paul Slevin. A wide-ranging discussion was held on the business sector’s experience of Welsh governance, including relationships with the Welsh Government and the UK government.
Item 3: Scottish Government
4. The Co-Chairs welcomed Angus Robertson, Cabinet Secretary for the Constitution, External Affairs and Culture, Scottish Government. Discussion focused on inter-governmental relations, conceptions of sovereignty and Scottish independence.
Item 4: Plaid Cymru Commission on Independence
5. The Co-Chairs welcomed Rt Hon Elfyn Llwyd, Fflur Jones and John Osmond. The report of the Plaid Cymru Commission on Independence was discussed.
Item 5: Yes Cymru
6. The Co-Chairs welcomed Andrew Murphy, Christine Moore and George Hudson from Yes Cymru. The aims and objectives of the Yes Cymru were discussed, including Yes Cymru's view on the blueprint and path to possible Independence.
Item 7: AOB
7. The Co-Chairs thanked the members for their contributions during the meeting and looked forward to reflecting on the information received at the next meeting of the commission.
For further information, please contact: ConstitutionCommission@gov.wales