Privacy notice for personal data collection from the Welsh diaspora.
The Welsh Government’s International Relations team is responsible for the delivery of the Welsh Government’s international strategy. A key aim within that strategy is to engage with and mobilise the Welsh diaspora. A key part of this work includes collecting, with your consent, a limited amount of personal data from the Welsh diaspora.
The data we will be collecting will be:
- your name
- email address
- age range
- areas of interest (e.g. visiting Wales, Welsh business, etc.)
This data will allow us to maintain contact with the Welsh diaspora and share information relating to the areas in which the diaspora have expressed an interest.
Upon receipt, Welsh Government become a data controller and will process it on the basis of your consent.
What do we do with your information?
Welsh Government will use the information to:
- promote/advertise relevant content/information.
- issue invitations to virtual and physical events.
- encourage participation in campaigns and initiatives led by Welsh Government and our partners.
Who do we share your information with?
Information will only be shared with key stakeholders relevant to the diaspora’s areas of interest. For example, if you have expressed an interest in travelling to Wales, we will share your data with Visit Wales. If you have expressed an interest in learning more and connecting with Welsh businesses, we will share your data with a relevant partner. We will not share your data any wider than for the reasons outlined above.
How long will we keep your information?
This information will be kept on our database for a maximum of 120 months.
Your rights in relation to your information
You have the right to:
- access to the Personal data that we are processing about you
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- the right (in certain circumstances) to object to processing
- the right for your data to be ‘erased’ (where consent is the lawful basis)
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection.
For further information about the information which Welsh Governments holds and its use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please see contact details below:
International Relations team: InternationalRelations@gov.wales
Data Protection Officer
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are:
Telephone: 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113