Information on the resources that local authorities have budgeted to make available for education and school services for April 2019 to March 2020.
This is not the latest release in the series: Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools
- Schools expenditure is budgeted to be £2,657 million, an increase of 3.5% over the previous year.
- Schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £5,857, a year-on-year increase of 3.2% or £181. This is a real terms increase of 1.2% and the first real terms increase per pupil since 2010-11.
- The budget per pupil can be broken down into £4,914 per pupil delegated to schools and £943 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,229 million. The amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 77% and 90% of overall schools budgeted expenditure.
- 83.9% of the total schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, a decrease of 0.3 of a percentage point compared to the previous year.
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools, April 2019 to March 2020 (Revised) , file type: PDF, file size: 608 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 3963
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.