Information on the resources that local authorities have budgeted to make available for education and school services for April 2021 to March 2022.
This is not the latest release in the series: Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools
- Schools expenditure is budgeted to be £2,913 million, an increase of 3.2% over the previous year.
- Schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £6,387, a year-on-year increase of 3.0% or £185.
- The budget per pupil can be broken down into £5,325 per pupil delegated to schools and £1,062 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,429 million; the amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 77% and 89% of overall schools budgeted expenditure.
- 83.4% of the total schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, a decrease of 0.3 of a percentage point compared to the previous year.
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools, April 2021 to March 2022 , file type: PDF, file size: 737 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 3963
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.