How we will handle any personal data you provide in relation to the manage homes and places service.
This privacy notice sets out how we collect and use personal information when you use this service.
When we say 'personal information' in this notice, we mean information that relates to you and can be used to identify you.
You have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
You have the right to:
- request access to your own personal information that we hold. This is sometimes known as a 'subject access request'.
- have any inaccurate information we hold about you corrected (Rectification).
- have your information deleted (Erasure).
- request the restriction or suppression of your personal data (Restrict Processing).
- object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes (Objection).
- request your information in a portable format.
- object to decisions about you being made by wholly automated means.
Many of the rights listed above are limited to certain defined circumstances and we may not be able to comply with your request in full. We will tell you if this is the case.
If you make a request to us, we will respond to you within one calendar month. We will not charge a fee for dealing with your request.
How to contact us
This privacy notice does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed.
To request further information about our privacy notice, exercise any of your rights or make a complaint, email us at DataProtectionOfficer@gov.wales or write to:
Data Protection Officer, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ
If you have any other questions about this service, email us at ManageHomesAndPlaces@gov.wales
Information we collect about you
When you register to use this service we will collect personal information about you as follows:
- First name
- Email address
- Preferred language choice
- Job title
Use of your personal information
We will use your personal information to:
- create a user account.
- ensure you can access the required areas of the digital platform.
- grant you permission to manage and update your housing schemes.
Retention of your personal information
Personal information that is used for the creation of your account will be retained for the period that your account remains active. We will keep this data for a minimum period of 6 months. On the 5th month you will receive an email asking if you would like to extend your account for another 6 months. If you choose not to extend, your data will be removed from the system.
Sharing your information
This digital service has been developed by the Welsh Government so that only users with a valid account can log in.
Any personal information uploaded by you will be used by Welsh Government and its contractors in accordance with your instructions.
You should only upload personal information that you are content to share with the Welsh Government and our contractors. Our use of your personal information is essential to the running of this service and is carried out in the public interest.
Information held by Welsh Government about users may be shared with organisations linked to the development and support of the service.
- Mendix – Siemens Industry Software Limited (service developers)
- AuraQ Limited (online support services)
While undertaking further development and support of the service these contractors may have access to view your information but they will not process it.
Your contact details users will not be shared with other users. All details will be stored in administrative areas accessible only by Welsh Government staff.
Welsh Government is the data controller for any personal information that is uploaded to this service.