Number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts for July to September 2018.
- 58,347 calls were made to the main 0845 number, of which 46,240 were answered; 8,503 other calls (13%) were made to information lines or were transferred from A&E departments.
- More calls were made and answered at weekends, though a larger proportion of calls were answered during the week.
- 857,180 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website.
- 706 online enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service.
- 52% of calls where a final outcome was recorded were directed towards primary care, 20% to A&E, and an ambulance was called in 8% of calls. The remaining 20% were provided with information or self care advice.
NHS Direct update, July to September 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 555 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Emergency Ambulance Service Committee website
Telephone: 0300 025 1646
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.