Number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts for October to December 2018.
- 54,593 calls were made to the main 0845 number, of which 40,624 were answered; 11,008 other calls (17%) were made to information lines or were transferred from A&E departments.
- More calls were made and answered at weekends, though a larger proportion of calls were answered during the week.
- 879,357 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website.
- 658 online enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service.
- 52% of calls where a final outcome was recorded were directed towards primary care, 20% to A&E, and an ambulance was called in 8% of calls. The remaining 19% were provided with information or self care advice.
NHS Direct update, October to December 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 572 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Emergency Ambulance Service Committee website
Telephone: 0300 025 1646
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.