The work will maintain access from the industrial estate to Pant road.
What we’re doing
- building a temporary car park
- realigning the Pant industrial estate access road
- building a viaduct
- moving utilities
- building access roads
- installing drains
- putting up fences
We will replace the Pant viaduct with a new bridge. We will realign the road from Pant road to the Pant industrial estate to accommodate this new bridge.
- built a temporary roundabout that replaces the junction at Pant
- installed protection slabs for utilities
- built a temporary car park to move Merthyr Motor Auctions out of the way of the new works
- cleared vegetation
- put up temporary fencing
- realigned Pant Industrial Estate access road
- redirected under carriageway utility services
- undertaken westbound earthworks
- started building Rocky Road retaining wall
- constructed Jones Street eastbound bridge abutments
- completed mineworks.
Next steps - 2023 onwards
- build a retaining wall at Rocky Road
- widen existing road embankment to the south of the A465 between Pant Industrial Estate and Pant Road.
- realign the A465 to the south for works to start on the eastbound carriageway
- build the new Pant Road bridge in two halves. The first half will be built to the north of the existing bridge. When complete, traffic will move onto it, to allow the old bridge to be demolished and then southern half will be built
- construct the eastbound carriageway.