This consultation ended 9 January 2024.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
We want your views on our plans to amend the building regulations for Approved Document Part B (Fire Safety)
We are proposing to:
- amend the ban on the use of combustible materials in and on external walls of buildings
- setting limits on the use of combustible materials on certain buildings over 11m
- introduce Evacuation Alert System (EAS)
- introduce Secure Information Boxes in all new blocks of flats with a floor of 11m or more above ground level
- introduce floor identification and flat wayfinding signage
- an amendment regarding referencing of BS EN 13501 and BS 476
- a call for evidence over the number of stairs in buildings and the removal of all references to the BS 476 fire classifications from AD B
Consultation document , file type: PDF, file size: 553 KB
Regulatory impact assessment , file type: PDF, file size: 473 KB
Help and support
For more information about this consultation e-mail email@example.com