Information about working for Planning and Environment Decisions Wales.
We have around 50 staff in Planning and Environment Decisions Wales with a mix of Planning Inspectors and Operational Staff. Our operational staff work at any of the Welsh Government offices across Wales as well as working from home under our approach to flexible hybrid working. Our Planning Inspectors are home-based.
Our Planning Inspectors deal with a broad range of casework relating to the development and use of land on behalf of the Welsh Ministers. These include:
- planning and enforcement appeals,
- applications for Developments of National Significance (DNS),
- Examination of Strategic and Local Development Plans,
- planning applications called in for determination by the Welsh Ministers and
- other specialist environmental licensing and permitting appeals.
More information on the role of a Planning Inspector and working for PEDW is available in our Planning Inspector Recruitment Pack.
Our operational staff carry out a wide range of functions to support the effective management of all of our planning and environmental casework. This includes:
- helping the public and other stakeholders involved in our work,
- administrating casework,
- arranging hearings,
- site visits and
- providing direct support for Inspectors.
They also provide essential support functions like digital and financial services.