Prince Charles hospital junction will provide access to the Prince Charles hospital, Gurnos ring road and Bryniau road.
What we’re doing
- building a retaining wall
- building a link road
- moving utilities
- installing culverts
- building a roundabout and bridges
- building Bryniau road bridge
We will build 2 bridges to allow the junction on this road to pass over the A465.
We will build walls either side of the road to support the slip roads.
We will widen the existing road between the Prince Charles Hospital and Dowlais junctions.
We will build a new bridge at Bryniau road to provide access to Galon Uchaf.
We will move utilities to allow the new road to be built, including 2 large water mains.
- cleared vegetation ready for work to start
- moved existing utilities beneath the ground
- put up temporary fencing
- started building retaining walls to support the new A465 road either side of the Prince Charles overbridges (see map: location A)
- built new link road at Pant Industrial Estate
- build new roads to the north of the existing A465 to form the new junction slip roads and local connection linking to Bryniau road (see map: location B)
- excavation for eastbound carriageway
- build the new Gurnos Farm access