Data relating to pupils known by local authorities to be receiving education outside of school from September 2018 to August 2019.
This is not the latest release in the series: Pupils educated other than at school
- 2,286 pupils were recorded as being educated other than at school, with 1,784 of these receiving their main education outside of school.
- The rate of EOTAS pupils receiving their main education other than at school increased in 2018/19 over the year to 3.8 per 1,000 pupils. This is the highest rate since 2009/10.
- 7 out of 10 pupils whose main education is other than at school were boys.
- Pupil referral units remain the most frequently-used education provision for pupils whose main education is other than at school.
- 6.6 out of every 1,000 pupils in Wales were reported to be electively home educated.
Pupils educated other than at school, September 2018 to August 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 627 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5060
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.