This consultation ended 5 February 2024.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
We want your views on policy proposals and draft regulations relating to the establishment of the register of tertiary education providers in Wales under the Tertiary Education and Research (Wales) Act 2022.
We are consulting on policy proposals and on draft regulations for the following matters:
- The register including the categories of registration, information to be included in the register, further registration conditions, and the eligibility of registered providers to receive higher education, research and innovation funding from the Commission for Tertiary Education and Research (CTER).
- The designation of providers as institutions for the purpose of making registration applications.
- Decision reviews by an independent person or panel.
- Transitional or savings provisions in connection with deregistration.
- The principle of whether to introduce secondary legislation to require the CETR to assess the quality of providers of higher education at specified regular intervals.