Research investigating how leasehold operates in Wales, including distribution and characteristics of leasehold properties and views and experiences of stakeholders.
This is the latest release
The report made five main recommendations.
- The Welsh Government should consider a mechanism that quantifies and records the distribution of leasehold homes in Wales accurately.
- the Welsh Government should consider building a network of leaseholders to improve knowledge about leaseholder rights and responsibilities in Wales.
- The Welsh Government should consider additional law reforms to enhance the rights of leaseholders suggested by this research project.
- the Welsh Government should consider further research to understand the effectiveness of the current system of dispute resolution.
- Longer term, the Welsh Government should consider more radical reforms to leasehold, adopting a more holistic and sustainable approach.
Research into the sale and use of leaseholds in Wales , file type: PDF, file size: 4 MB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Hannah Browne Gott
Telephone: 0300 062 8016
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.