Since April 2019, registered childcare providers in Wales can receive 100% rate relief.
This is the latest release
The review has considered:
- local authority non domestic rate billing data
- evidence from the ‘health check survey’
- NDNA workforce survey findings and member views
- Scottish Government review
- the review of the business rates system for England, and
- wider secondary evidence around business rate relief
This evidence has shown registered childcare settings:
- face significant financial operational difficulties
- are relying on business rate relief to enable them to sustain their operation, meet regulation requirements, and keep parent childcare fees affordable.
This information provides a compelling case for continued business rate relief for registered day care nurseries, not least because of additional pressures this review has cited which have been created by the pandemic.
Telephone: 0300 025 7459
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.