The IRP (Welsh Government) was commissioned by the Primary Care Branch to undertake a review of the Community Pharmacy Collaborative Lead roles across Wales.
This is the latest release
A review was required of the scheme to understand the experiences of the leads in their first 12 months and assess the process of recruitment to the role. The Internal Research Programme (IRP), an in-house research and evaluation unit, was approached to undertake this work. Working with colleagues in Pharmacy and Prescribing (Welsh Government), the review explored:
- The process of recruitment of the leads within the role and understanding the purpose and remit of the role.
- Barriers and enablers to developing relationships with stakeholders within the cluster.
- Which aspects of the role and the support provided to the leads facilitated good relationships with other stakeholders within the cluster including community pharmacies.
- How the role developed over time e.g. what improved and what was not so effective.
- The process and effectiveness in forming relationships with other Pharmacy Leads and other key stakeholders.
- The outcomes of the first 12 months of the Pharmacy Lead posts, what potential outcomes should be considered for the roles and how outcomes may be measured using monitoring data.
Review of the Community Pharmacy Collaborative Lead (CPCL) roles , file type: PDF, file size: 770 KB
Review of the Community Pharmacy Collaborative Lead (CPCL) roles: summary , file type: PDF, file size: 309 KB
Dr Jo Coates
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.