A review of the funding, organisation and range of work undertaken by the service.
This is the latest release
The review had two main aims:
- To investigate the funding, organisation and range of work undertaken by the Athrawon Bro service: and
- To review the training delivered by the Athrawon Bro service and where applicable provide recommendations on how to improve training.
The review’s findings include:
- The vast majority of the Athrawon Bro workforce are women and the age profile of the workforce is skewed towards the over 40s.
- The service which Athrawon Bro deliver varies significantly across Wales reflecting the relative strength of the welsh language in different parts of Wales.
- The largest portion of Athrawon Bro time is spent in non Welsh-medium primary schools providing on-the-job training and support to practitioners.
- Athrawon Bro teams have invested a significant amount of time developing teaching, learning and assessment resources.
Based on the evidence the review makes recommendations for the Welsh Government, Local Authorities and the Welsh Joint education Committee.
Review of the Welsh Language Support Service for Schools , file type: PDF, file size: 550 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.