When and how to use the internal links (node), internal link (terms) and external links fields on GOV.WALES.
When to use
Before using, check whether this component is appropriate for the GOV.WALES content type you are considering use it on.
Use sidebar related links to:
- link to content on GOV.WALES or outside of GOV.WALES closely related to the user needs met by your content
How to use
Incorporating sidebar related links
When incorporating sidebar related links in content, you should:
- not deliberately repeat all the related links within sentences (inline links)
- only usually include up to around 5 links
- only link to content closely related to the user needs met by your content
- only link to other sites where appropriate
Writing sidebar related link text
When writing sidebar link text, it should:
- for links that navigate to information, be the name of the information
- for links that navigate to pages where a user can start a task, start with a verb
- for links that navigate to other sites, make it clear users are leaving GOV.WALES by adding ‘on [company name]’ in non-linked text below the link
On the page presenting links GOV.WALES Drupal users can only edit displayed text for external links. Follow the content type guidance to set the related links fields ‘INTERNAL LINKS (NODE)’ and ‘INTERNAL LINKS (TERMS)'.