How to sign in with a one-time verification code to file Land Transaction Tax (LTT) online.
You’ll need a verification code to access your LTT account. A code will be emailed to you and is part of improving the security of your account.
How to sign in with a verification code
- Go to file LTT online.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Once your details are validated, a one-time verification code will be emailed to the email address you used to sign in.
- Check for an email from Microsoft (sent on behalf of the Welsh Revenue Authority) for the verification code.
- Enter the code on your sign in page and select verify code. If the code is correct, a message will prompt you to select continue and you’ll be signed into your account.
The code is valid for 10 minutes after its issued. You’ll need a new code each time you sign in or restart your browser.
Added security with a verification code
A one-time verification code improves your account’s security because it:
- makes sure only authorised users can access the account
- uses both a password and a one-time verification code to prove you’re authorised to access the account
- makes sure you have your own sign in details (including with a shared account), as shared sign in details compromise security
- Check your spam or junk folder if you haven’t received the verification code email. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe email list. If you’re still having issues, contact your IT team.
- If your code has expired or is incorrect, ask for a new code with the link on the sign in page.
If you have any queries or need help, contact us.