An report including information on the number of housing units that were empty, rented to tenants and tenancies in rent arrears for April 2018 to March 2019.
This is not the latest release in the series: Social housing vacancies, lettings and arrears
- There were 4,343 vacant social housing units at 31 March 2019, an increase of 4% on the previous year.
- 1.9% of social housing units were vacant.
- 31% of all vacant social housing units (1,329 units) had been empty for more than 6 months at 31 March 2019.
- There were 21,135 new lettings of social housing stock during 2018-19, an increase of 4% on the previous year. Of these, 61% were from waiting lists, 22% via transfers/exchanges and 18% through priority lettings to the homeless.
- At 31 March 2019, 77,332 (34%) of social housing tenancies were in rent arrears, an increase of 8% on the previous year.
- Around 2% of tenancies had been in rent arrears for 13 weeks or more.
Social housing vacancies, lettings and arrears, April 2018 to March 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 061 5675
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.