The Barometer assesses business confidence in the Welsh tourism industry and provides indicative results at national, regional and sectoral level for summer wave 2021.
- About half (48%) of operators have had more customers compared to a normal (pre-COVID-19) summer, about a third (31%) have had the same, and 21% have had fewer.
- All four regions of Wales have been busier than normal (pre-COVID-19) this summer, but South West Wales particularly so. 56% of businesses in this region have had more customers this summer compared to normal.
- Nearly all (97%) businesses are choosing to maintain some safety measures voluntarily that they are no longer required to maintain by law. There is a general sense of operators still wanting to do what they can to keep COVID-19 at bay, even if it impacts on profit.
- Three in five (60%) say that COVID-19 has prompted them to make permanent changes in how they run their business, with a further 22% not yet knowing.
- About half (48%) of businesses have more advance bookings for the remainder of 2021 than they would normally have at this time of year, and 35% have the same level.
Tourism Barometer: summer wave 2021 , file type: PDF, file size: 4 MB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Telephone: 0300 025 3187
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.