Statistics on trade in goods and services from businesses in Wales for 2018.
This is not the latest release in the series: Trade Survey for Wales
These are ‘Experimental Statistics’ as the method employed is still in development, and there are some issues with data quality, highlighted throughout the report. For more information see the technical report.
- Businesses in Wales sold goods and services to the value of £72.1bn and £29.2bn respectively.
- The European Union (excluding UK) accounted for 12% of all sales value and the rest of the world accounted for 8%.
- 30% of sales went to other parts of the UK.
- Businesses in Wales purchased goods and services to the value of £53.4bn and £13.8bn respectively.
- The European Union (excluding UK) accounted for 13% of all purchase value and the rest of the world accounted for 5%.
- 51% of purchases were from other parts of the UK.
Trade Survey for Wales, 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 5 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Trade Survey for Wales, 2018: tables , file type: ODS, file size: 110 KB
Telephone: 0300 025 2032
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.