This report provides information on vehicle speeds on Welsh motorways, that is the A48(M), M4 and the M48 for April to June 2016.
This is the latest release
- Average speeds for the M4 were consistently above 60mph across four out of nine local authorities.
- Slower average speeds were recorded in Neath Port Talbot and Newport for all directions, during the morning and evening peaks.
- The A48(M) often saw quarterly average speeds under 60 mph during peak times. The westbound A48(M) routinely saw average speeds under 50 mph during the morning peak.
- Average speeds on the M48 were consistent in each direction during morning peak hours, but lower westbound for the rest of the day.
- Analysis suggests a small increase in the average speed on the M4 over the period covered by the data.
The data for this report is taken from in-vehicle global positioning systems (GPS).
Vehicle speeds on Welsh motorways, April to June 2016 - Revised , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Telephone: 0300 025 9895
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.