This report presents the findings of a review of the Welsh Government Grant Scheme that seeks to support the use of Welsh in communities across Wales.
This is the latest release
The aim of the review was to provide guidance to the Welsh Government as it plans a funding model and structures for the future to support the use of Welsh.
This was done by:
- situating the Grant Scheme in the strategic context of Cymraeg 2050: a million Welsh speakers and the Welsh Government’s policy objectives in key relevant areas
- exploring the literature on models of innovation, community empowerment and working in partnership, and their relevance to language use
- exploring models that develop the capacity of communities and beneficiaries to measure the outcomes and effects of their activity;
- undertaking a process review of how the current Grant Scheme is being implemented
- developing a theory of change to explore the logical pathway between the inputs, activities, outputs and expected outcomes of the Grant Scheme
The review presents a series of recommendations for the future development of the Grant Scheme.
Review of the Welsh Government grant scheme to promote and facilitate the use of the Welsh language , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Review of the Welsh Government grant scheme to promote and facilitate the use of the Welsh language: summary , file type: PDF, file size: 376 KB
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.