Information on the progress made by social landlords in achieving the Welsh Housing Quality Standard (WHQS) for all their stock as at 31 March 2022.
This is the latest release in the series: Welsh Housing Quality Standard
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the 31 March 2020 collection and publication was deferred to 31 December 2020 and the 2021 publication was cancelled.
This annual report presents the progress made by all social landlords (local authorities and registered social landlords (RSLs)) in achieving the Welsh Housing Quality Standard (WHQS) for all their stock.
- The number of social housing dwellings that are compliant with WHQS (including acceptable fails) continues to increase.
- 100% of all social housing dwellings were WHQS compliant (including acceptable fails) compared to 99% as at 31 December 2020.
- For the first time, 100% of both RSL and local authority dwellings achieved WHQS compliance (including acceptable fails) at 31 March 2022.
- 78% of all social housing dwellings were fully compliant with the WHQS at 31 March 2022.
- The most common reason for an acceptable fail was ‘Timing of Remedy’; occurring in just over half of all dwellings containing an acceptable fail.
Welsh Housing Quality Standard: as at 31 March 2022 , file type: PDF, file size: 573 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.