This report looks at ability in the Welsh language, confidence in using Welsh and attitudes towards the Welsh language.
- 62% of those who couldn’t speak Welsh said that they would like to be able to speak Welsh.
- 86% believe the Welsh language is something to be proud of.
- 67% thought more effort needed to be put into supporting the language.
- 68% of Welsh speakers felt confident speaking Welsh.
- 36% worried they would be judged on how well they spoke it.
Welsh language confidence and attitudes (National Survey for Wales), April 2017 to March 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 880 KB
Telephone: 0300 025 6682
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.