Information about our events and engagement activities.
Land Transaction Tax forums
We hold tax forums across Wales. These forums are for solicitors and conveyancers who file and pay LTT and who regularly use our services.
Land Transaction Tax (LTT) Forum, Cardiff, October 2023
We’re pleased to host an in person tax forum again.
About this event
This tax forum is free for solicitors, conveyancers and their teams who file and pay LTT. The forum will include 3 workshops on areas of the tax where solicitors and conveyancers have asked for more training, further details below.
It’s also a chance to meet some of the people who work in the Welsh Revenue Authority (WRA) on LTT and talk to us about our services.
When and where
This tax forum is in-person on Thursday 12 October 2023 in the Taff Suite at:
Sport Wales National Centre
If this event proves successful, we’ll arrange additional tax forums in other areas of Wales.
Book your place
Book your place with this link: LTT tax forum
- 9.30am to 9.45am: Arrival and coffee
- 9.45am to 10am: Welcome and LTT update
- 10am to 10.45am: Workshop 1
- 10.45am to 11.30am: Workshop 2
- 11.30am to 11.45am: Tea and coffee break
- 11.45am to 12.30pm: Workshop 3
- 12.30pm: Close and feedback
Workshop 1: derelict and uninhabitable properties
- What we consider a derelict or uninhabitable property.
- The meaning of suitable for use as a dwelling.
- An overview of WRA guidance including examples.
- Recent tax cases on this topic.
Workshop 2: tax administration
- Best practice for filing a return.
- Common errors.
- An overview of WRA tools and guidance.
- User research opportunities.
Workshop 3: linked transactions
- What linked transactions are.
- An overview of the rules for linked transactions and calculating LTT.
- Examples of linked transactions and WRA guidance.
- Advice on how to complete the LTT return correctly for linked transactions.
We run training webinars throughout the year. If you have any suggestions for webinar topics, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org