Rebecca Evans MS, Minister for Finance and Local Government
Today, I published the Welsh Government’s Draft Budget proposals for 2024-25. The Draft Budget sets out strategic and detailed spending plans for revenue and capital, as well as taxation and borrowing.
I will make an oral statement on the Draft Budget in Senedd Cymru on 9th January 2024.
- Draft Budget proposals
- Draft Budget Narrative document, including the Strategic Integrated Impact Assessment
- Budget Expenditure Lines
- Tables supporting spending plans (ODS format)
- Draft Budget 2024-25 - leaflet
The following documents, which are part of the suite of documents published today, are also available:
- Chief Economist’s Report 2023
- Budget Improvement Plan 2023
- Tax Policy Report: December 2023
- A ready-reckoner to explain the impact of tax changes
- A Distributional analysis of devolved public spending in Wales 2024 to 2025
- A hyperlink to the Office for Budget Responsibility’s report on its devolved tax forecasts for Wales.
This statement is being issued during recess in order to keep members informed. Should members wish me to make a further statement or to answer questions on this when the Senedd returns I would be happy to do so.