Vaughan Gething MS, Minister for Health and Social Services
New guidance for meat processing and food production plants about preventing and managing outbreaks of coronavirus has today been issued to the sector.
The guidance has been developed with Public Health Wales and other key agencies, including Trade Unions, the Food Standards Agency and the Health and Safety Executive, following recent outbreaks and incidents at three meat and food plants in Wales.
The new guidance provides clear advice to the sector on a number of areas, including:
- Procedures to manage suspected cases, including information about the NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service
- Workplace risk assessment
- Communications with employees
- Shared accommodation and transport to site
- Entry to site and physical distancing onsite, including in communal areas
- Food hygiene