Vaughan Gething, Minister for Economy
In accordance with the inter-institutional relations agreement, I am informing Members that I attended the Inter-Ministerial Group on Trade on 9 January.
This is the mechanism for facilitating discussion of trade policy matters between the UK government, Northern Ireland Executive, Scottish Government and Welsh Government.
Other attendees were;
- Minster Hands - Minister of State (Minister for Trade Policy)
- Minister McKee - Minister for Business, Trade, Tourism and Enterprise;
- Minister Baker - Minister of State at the Northern Ireland Office
- Lord Offord - , Parliamentary Under Secretary of State to the Scotland Office
- Minister Davies - Parliamentary Under Secretary of State to the Wales Office
We discussed the processes in place to share information during negotiation of trade agreements and received updates on current active negotiations, including CPTPP, India and GCC. A joint communique regarding the meeting will be published in due course.