Vaughan Gething MS, Minister for Economy
On 13 August the World Cup Partner Support Fund was launched with the aim of adding value to a small number of exceptional projects supporting our core objectives for Wales’ participation in the FIFA men’s World Cup in Qatar. These include: the promotion of Wales; projecting our values; ensuring the safety of Welsh citizens at the event; and securing a positive and lasting legacy.
A total of 97 bids were received to the value of £7.1m from a wide variety of organisations, representing a diverse and complementary mix of activities, with a strong geographical and demographic spread.
I am pleased to announce details of the 19 organisations that receive a total of £1.8m.
- Football Association of Wales – £500,000
- S4C – £250,000
- Arts Council Wales / Y Wal Goch – £100,000
- Amgueddfa Cymru – £29,000
- Urdd Gobaith Cymru - £77,783
- Wales Arts International - £259,500
- Arts Council Wales / FAW –£65,000
- Street Games Wales - £165,100
- Bengal Dragons - £12,175
- Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs of Wales - £87,340
- Barry Horns - £17,032
- Global Wales / Universities Wales - £30,000
- Show Racism the Red Card - £17,600
- Wal Goch Expo / We Are Bak - £10,000
- Mentrau Iaith - £22,000
- Books Council Wales - £59,890
- Mudiad Meithrin - £18,000
- Wrexham Council / Football Museum Wales - £75,000
- Global Welsh - £20,000