A report on the completion and success rates of learners on vocational programmes, general education programmes (including A Levels) and the Welsh Baccalaureate for August 2018 to July 2019.
This is not the latest release in the series: Consistent performance measures for post-16 learning (achievement)
Statistics cover further education colleges and school sixth forms.
- 9% of the full-time students who started an AS level in the 2017/18 academic year achieved the equivalent of three A levels at A* to A in 2018/19.
- 42% achieved at least three A*s to Cs.
- 65% passed the equivalent of three or more A levels (grades A* to E).
- 80% of main vocational qualifications were successfully achieved.
- Half of learners on the Advance Welsh Baccalaureate passed (50%).
- There were large inequalities in outcomes for learners from deprived backgrounds. Learners from the least deprived areas were almost three times more likely to get three As or A*s, compared with learners from the most deprived areas.
- Females were more likely to achieve than males in general education programmes. There was no gender gap in success rates for vocational programmes.
This report contains experimental statistics. It is part of a set of three consistent performances measures that have been developed for post-16 education.
Consistent performance measures for post-16 learning: achievement, August 2018 to July 2019 (experimental statistics) , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Consistent performance measures for post-16 learning: achievement, August 2018 to July 2019 (experimental statistics): tables , file type: ODS, file size: 45 KB
Telephone: 0300 025 9895
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.