Skip to main content

You need a county parish holding (CPH) number if you keep one or more of the following species:

  • cattle (including bison and buffalo)
  • deer
  • sheep
  • goats
  • pigs
  • poultry including racing pigeons
  • equines for export

A CPH allows you to report livestock movements between locations.

To get a CPH number, you should use manage my CPH on RPW online.  If you are not an existing RPW online customer, you can register by clicking on the Register link on the same page.

If you have any problems, call the customer contact centre on 0300 062 5004.

Rydym yn croesawu galwadau’n Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.

Equine keepers

You are only required to have a CPH number for your equine if it is to be exported out of Great Britain. If you already have a CPH number for other livestock you do not need a new CPH provided your equines are held on the same location. 

The CPH is needed for the Export Health Certificate, see the equine guidance in the related links section of this page for further information.