We are conducting a survey of front line NHS nurses to gain their engagement regarding environmental sustainability within their clinical area. Engagement with this exercise is optional and personal information will only be held if the participant wishes to disclose it.
Upon receipt of the information from the participant, the Welsh Government becomes the data controller for it.
Personal information that will be collected is as follows:
- participants’ name
- participants’ email address
- participants’ employing NHS organisation
What do we do with your information
In our remit as the data controller, the Welsh Government uses the information received for the below purposes. These purposes are necessary so as to enable us to carry out our public task and in the exercise of our official authority.
1. Statistical and research purposes (carried out in a way that ensures participants cannot be identified)
To inform, influence and improve nursing policy.
To highlight and target nursing areas that require focus effectively.
To provide opportunities for further engagement with participant.
2. Publication purposes (carried out in a way that ensures individual participants cannot be identified)
To strengthen any publications that arise from the nursing sustainability project within nursing journals.
Who do we share your information with
Personal information held by the Welsh Government following this survey will not be shared outside of the organisation.
How long will we keep your information
Welsh Government will keep this data until the cessation of the Nursing Sustainability project, 31st March 2024. After this date, the project documents will be anonymised.
Your rights in relation to your information
You have the right to:
- access to the Personal data that we are processing about you
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- the right (in certain circumstances) to object to processing
- the right for your data to be ‘erased’
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection.
For further information about the information which Welsh Governments holds and its use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please see contact details below:
Data Protection Officer