Consultation document: easy read version , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
The Putting Things Right process intends to:
- place patients at the heart of the process
- improve the focus on compassionate, patient-centred communication
- improve the Putting Things Right process to be more inclusive
- include an escalation process for urgent concerns of deliberate abuse or harm
- provide answers after someone dies
- refresh the arrangements to provide free legal advice and medical expert reports
You can read the current legislation that governs the Putting Things Right process.
We have also published guidance on handling concerns for staff working for the NHS.
Help and support
Large print, Braille and alternative language versions of this document are available on request.
How to respond
Submit your comments by 6 May 2024, in any of the following ways:
Download the response form.
Complete and return to:
Quality and Nursing Division