Explains how provider staff permissions to administer the Childcare Offer for Wales are managed.
Allow extra staff to manage the setting
You must activate the setting to allow other staff members to join the setting account and have the same privileges and permissions as the lead person, such as, submitting claims for payments.
You will need to share the Childcare Offer setting number (provided once you have registered), the CIW/Ofsted number, the SIN number, the setting postcode and the Activation PIN with the staff member as they will need to input this information.
Once the staff member has submitted their request to join the setting, you will need to activate them on your dashboard.
Once they have joined the setting on the national digital service they will also be able to activate further staff members requesting to join.
Join an existing setting
In order to join the account for a childcare setting already registered on the Childcare Offer for Wales national digital service, you will need to sign in using Government Gateway. If you do not have a Government Gateway account, you will need to create an account before proceeding.
To join the setting you will need to choose the option ‘Join a setting already registered on the national digital service.’
You will then be prompted to provide the following information:
- the Childcare Offer setting number provided when the setting was registered on the national digital service
- the CIW or Ofsted registration number for the setting
- the SIN number if the setting is registered in Wales - this can be found on CIW correspondence to your setting and is available by logging into CIW Online
- the postcode of the setting
- the Activation PIN provided to the lead person who registered the setting on the digital service
A staff member who has already joined one setting can also join another setting.
Users who leave a setting
The setting is responsible for removing staff from the setting’s account when they leave their employment to prevent any unauthorised access. To do this, you need to select the Activate/Deactivate function on your setting dashboard. The local authority also have this functionality, if required.