This consultation ended 14 December 2022.
Details of outcome
Summary of responses , file type: PDF, file size: 183 KB
We are seeking views on making improvements to the non-domestic rates system (also known as business rates).
We are consulting on a wide range of improvements to non-domestic rates. Our proposals include the following:
- more frequent revaluation cycles
- Improving the flow of information between government and ratepayers
- providing the Welsh Government with more flexibility to amend reliefs and exemptions
- a review of reliefs and exemptions
- providing greater scope to vary the multiplier
- improving the administration of valuation functions
- further measures to ensure we can continue tackling avoidance